It is becoming aparent that I do some of my best work on the eves of holidays. So, it is new years eve, and here we go with an update to the Virtuemart + Pesapal plugin that I published on Christmas eve.
It came to my attention that Pesapal actually have an official plugin for virtuemart 2.0. I suppose, the more, the merrier. The only problem is for my test in Joomla 2.5 and latest virtumart, the plugin does not work. I also found quite a few issues it you have their plugin and my plugin installed. These therefore are the issues I am addressing in this update.
- Added default image for pesapal upon installation of plugin
- Changed name of plugin to btgpesapal to avoid conflict with Pesapal’s official plugin
- Added check for shared php classes oauth and xmlhttprequest just incase another installed plugin is already implementing them thus preventing re-delaration errors
- Added sys.ini language file for use on the front end of the Virtuemart shopping cart.
- Added btgpesapal folder during installtion to avoid placing class files in root of plugin folder.
- Virtuemart v2.0.14 - Joomla v2.5.8 - PHP v5.3.10 & MySQL v5.5.20
These scripts are offered freely and in good faith. Please do not pass this off as your own work or try to sell it without due credit. Check back with us at ajagwe.com for updates/fixes. If you want more support/work done to it, you could consider a donation
This Virtumart plugin is named BTGPesaPal and will by default, install into a sub folder named btgpesapal under the vmpayment plugins folder. If you have any other PesaPal Payment plugin already installed on for your Virtuemart setup and it is also named btgpesapal, please ensure you have a backup of the installation archive for the plugin you installed, just in case you may want to go back to it. You are advised (not required)to uninstall other pesapal plugins to avoid unforseen conflicts – especially with shared classes.
- Download the btgpesapal.zip from here.
- Login to your administration panel (back-end)
- Check that you don’t already have someone else’s virtuemart pesapal payment plugin via the plugin manager available in Joomla
- Install the downloaded plugin as you would any other Joomla extension
- Enable the newly installed PesaPal Plugin from Joomla’s plugin manager.
- Go to Components > Virtuemart > Shop > Payment Methods > New
- Fill in the corresponding form appropriately, ensuring you select BTGPesaPal from the Payment Method Dropdown of available plugins – to tie your newly created payment method with the just installed PesaPal plugin.
- Click Apply (J1.5) or Save (J1.6/1.7/2.5/3.0) to enable configuration options of the plugin
- Click on the Configuration tab (next to Payment Method Information tab)
- Complete the fields just under this message as appropriate.
- Merchant key should be the merchant key provided to you by pesapal. The module defaults to a test merchant key from the pesapal website
- Secret key should be the secret key provided to you by pesapal. The module defaults to a test secret key from the pesapal website
- Demo Mode (sandbox) is a toggle to switch between using the plugin in test mode with credentials from http://demo.pespal.com or live mode with actual credentials.
- Payment Currency Please select the currency that is used for pesapal payments
- Email Currency Unnecessary for now.
- Countries should be the countries (billing and shipping addresses) where PesaPal is acceptable
- AmountsI are other charges that may apply to PesaPal. They can be left blank if the do not apply.
- Order Statuses should be the statuses that Orders change to depending on repsonse from pesapal.
- Click on the “SAVE” (J1.5) or Save and Close (J1.6/1.7/2.5/3.0) icon again (top-right) to save the Pesapal configuration. NB You can update the configurations at any time.
- Test as appropriate.
Should there be any bugs in this plugin, please do advise and I will look into them and solve / update the plugin.
And lastly, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!Share