Its been a while since I have given out free code. Not that I have not been developing. On the contrary, I think I have been developing a bit too much, causing me to forget to give back to the community that helps me develop in the first place.
It is Christmas Eve, and the world should have ended three days ago – according to the Myans. Now that we are all still here, well, I suppose it is time I release this plugin that I have had in my archive for quite a while, but simply had not gotten the time to publish it on the site. So here goes.
- Virtuemart v2.0.14 - Joomla v2.5.8 - PHP v5.3.10 & MySQL v5.5.20
These scripts are offered freely and in good faith. Please do not pass this off as your own work or try to sell it without due credit. Check back with us at ajagwe.com for updates/fixes. If you want more support/work done to it, you could consider a donation
This Virtumart plugin is aptly names PesaPal and will by default, install into a sub folder named pesapal under the vmpayment plugins folder. If you have any other PesaPal Payment plugin already installed on for your Virtuemart setup and it is also named pesapal, please ensure you have a backup of the installation archive for the plugin you installed, just in case you may want to go back to it. You will then be required to uninstall said Pesapal virturnart plugin.
- Download the pesapal.zip from here.
- Login to your administration panel (back-end)
- Check that you don’t already have someone else’s virtuemart pesapal payment plugin via the plugin manager available in Joomla
- Install the downloaded plugin as you would any other Joomla extension
- Enable the newly installed PesaPal Plugin from Joomla’s plugin manager.
- Go to Components > Virtuemart > Shop > Payment Methods > New
- Fill in the corresponding form appropriately, ensuring you select PesaPal from the Payment Method Dropdown of available plugins – to tie your newly created payment method with the just installed PesaPal plugin.
- Click Apply (J1.5) or Save (J1.6/1.7/2.5/3.0) to enable configuration options of the plugin
- Click on the Configuration tab (next to Payment Method Information tab)
- Complete the fields just under this message as appropriate.
- Merchant key should be the merchant key provided to you by pesapal. The module defaults to a test merchant key from the pesapal website
- Secret key should be the secret key provided to you by pesapal. The module defaults to a test secret key from the pesapal website
- Demo Mode (sandbox) is a toggle to switch between using the plugin in test mode with credentials from http://demo.pespal.com or live mode with actual credentials.
- Payment Currency Please select the currency that is used for pesapal payments
- Email Currency Unnecessary for now.
- Countries should be the countries (billing and shipping addresses) where PesaPal is acceptable
- AmountsI are other charges that may apply to PesaPal. They can be left blank if the do not apply.
- Order Statuses should be the statuses that Orders change to depending on repsonse from pesapal.
- Click on the “SAVE” (J1.5) or Save and Close (J1.6/1.7/2.5/3.0) icon again (top-right) to save the Pesapal configuration. NB You can update the configurations at any time.
- Test as appropriate.
Should there be any bugs in this plugin, please do advise and I will look into them and solve / update the plugin.
And lastly, MERRY CHRISTMAS!Share